poor me. whine whine whine. i am experiencing act 1, scene 1 of what is likely a fever. feel sorry for me, immediately.
for this reason, my mind is wondering incoherently through the insanely busy summer i happen to be on the outside edge of, and stewing in nostalgia for fall…
summer can’t last forever, friends. between trips and cottages and famjams and engagement parties… come to me, autumn. i have spent more than 80% of weekend out of the city. you have been a true whirlwind, summer 2012! but now, my mind is lingering on knits and jackets and jewel tones… the thought of these things warm my insides. pumpkin, nutmeg, late-season apple picking (this is still happening this year, yes?)
as fall approaches, here are just some of the things i’m looking forward to:
1. apartment hunting. i am both excited and terrified at the prospect of finding a new place in toronto. it has been a long two years in my apartment, and i am simply ennuyé by everything about it. a huge commute to work, some very low ceilings (poor matt…), and a troubling layout are just some of the reasons that i am desperate for a change of scenery. it’ll be nice to have, for example, a real bedroom. a real bedroom! and not just an open space through which any visitors have to walk through to use the washroom….but can we find an apartment with parking, laundry, and the same spacious feeling in the price range we want?
2. kegerator. it’s happening.
3. sewing! my sewing room has been taken over as a temporary storage place for a beloved friend who is . as much as it is possible to simply “work around” the mess, my inner diva squashes the impulse. sewing in a crowded space? too stressful.
4. being boring on weekends, staying home and watching every episode of the walking dead in existence. the heart wants what the heart wants.
5. helping my best friend plan her wedding. love is in the air! two of my very dear friends have recently become engaged, and i am ridiculously amused with the whole experience so far. i’ve only been to a couple weddings before, and am one of those people who are pretty naive when it comes to traditions and duty (read: clueless). this will be my first time in a bridal party, and i don’t know why this whole “bridesmaid” thing gets such a bum rap. so far, my role has amounted to vintage shopping for cute decorations, drinking champagne while hemming and hawing over various wedding dresses, visiting the beautiful conservation where the wedding will be held, and a handful of engagement-related celebrations.
6. fall photos. the light, diffused through beautiful leaves, on a crisp autumn morning…. can you picture it?
7. fixing the navigation on this blog. oh, it hurts my soul — my soul! — to visit my own homepage and be greeted by the sad nav bar. this has been on the ‘to do’ list for far too long. a simple fix, probably, but every time i’ve started to dabble with it, i’ve been torn away. oh, but it you want to do it for me, *nudge nudge*